Petits Pois Lardons (Peas with Bacon)
The perfect marriage of pork and vegetables, great with a nice entrecôte (rib steak)!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. bacon, cut in 1⁄2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. shelled fresh peas
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Heat a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon slices, cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, and then add the onion slices. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the peas and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.