Phantom Chocolate Cake
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 1 quart ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" or 9" square cake pan.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Add the chocolate, butter, vanilla, and milk and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar, the remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, and the cocoa over the batter. Finally, pour the cold coffee evenly over the top. Do not mix.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve hot with ice cream.