As a snack or as part of a dinner buffet, pickled mushrooms bring an attractive piquancy to the table. They keep refrigerated for weeks.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 day 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. mixed mushrooms, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, cut into 1" × ½" strips
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the mushrooms and drain. Heat the oil in a medium skillet and add the mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes; add the peppers, oregano, garlic powder, cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook until everything is heated through.
- Transfer to a jar. Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.