Pico de Gallo
You can add mango to this classic Mexican condiment, which literally translates from Spanish to English as “rooster’s beak,” referring to its vivid red and orange colors. It is used extensively in Argentina on steaks and roasts. Serve it with beef and pork to add fiber to a meat dish.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups diced fresh red tomatoes, seeded
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve as a dip for tortilla chips or as a garnish with tacos, nachos, or burritos.