Make your own pie crusts and freeze them. Then when you want to bake a pie, remove one or two, let stand at room temperature for an hour, and go!
Serves: 32Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 4⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- In food-processor bowl, combine shortening, butter, and cream cheese; pulse to blend.
- Place water in microwave-safe cup; microwave on high for 30 to 40 seconds until hot. Pour into food processor; process until mixture is blended and fluffy.
- Add milk; process until smooth. Then add flour and salt; pulse until mixture just barely holds together when pressed with your hands.
- Divide into 4 balls. Roll out each ball between waxed paper to a 10" circle. Place in freezer bags, seal, and freeze up to 6 months.
- To use, let stand at room temperature about 1 hour until thawed. Use as directed in recipes.