Pilaf with Green Beans and Carrots
Use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup green beans, stems trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1 cup peeled and trimmed carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat heat oil. Add the onion and sauté for 5–7 minutes, or until tender. Add green beans and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add butter and melt. Stir in rice. Pour in the broth and wine. Bring to a boil and then add the salt. Cover; simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.