Piña Colada Sunrise Muffins
This tropical sweet gets your morning started right. Serve with a wedge of pineapple or with a tray of fruit and cheese for a morning to remember.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, with juice
- Preheat oven to temperature listed on cake mix box for cupcakes. Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners and set aside.
- Mix cake batter according to package instructions. Add remaining ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer for exactly 1 minute on low speed.
- Fill muffin cups ½ full with batter. Bake for amount of time listed on cake mix box for cupcakes.