Pine Nut and Almond Macaroons
The pine nuts add a slightly savory quality to these sweet treats. Prepare a platter of these cookies for your next brunch.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- ⅛ tsp. almond extract
- ½ cup untoasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with foil.
- In a food processor, finely grind the almonds, the toasted pine nuts, sugar, and flour. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg white and almond extract. Add the egg mixture to the food processor with the nuts and blend until the dough forms into a ball.
- Shape the dough into ¾" balls. Press the untoasted pine nuts into the tops of the balls, and place on the prepared cookie sheet, making sure that they are spaced at least 1 inch apart. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove from foil using a metal spatula.