Pine Nut Crunch Cereal
This recipe requires advanced planning but then makes a very easy breakfast. It uses soaked or sprouted seeds and buckwheat groats and is slow-baked in the dehydrator. It’s good as a meal, a quick snack, or food to bring with you when you go traveling.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 day 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, after soaking or sprouting
- ¼ cup green pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups almond milk yogurt
- 2 cups chopped mango
- In a bowl, mix together the spices with the pine nuts, buckwheat sprouts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Spread mixture onto dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 115°F for 24 hours until crunchy. Serve in cereal bowls with almond milk yogurt and mango.