Pineapple Chutney (Ananas Ki Chutney)
Serve this chutney with pork, turkey, or as a topping for vanilla ice cream. This chutney will keep for 3 to 4 days, refrigerated.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilies, roughly pounded
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, ginger, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the fennel, cumin, and red chilies. Sauté for about 1 minute or until the spices begin to sizzle.
- Remove from heat. Pour over the pineapple-ginger mixture and mix well. Transfer to a food processor and grind to a coarse paste.
- Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until needed.