For a taste of the tropics, look no further than Pineapple Granita. The citrus punch plays nicely with coconut, lime, or mango, so feel free to experiment at will.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups cubed pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- Purée the pineapple in a food processor or blender with the juice. Press purée through a strainer, if desired.
- Stir the sugars into the juice until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour into a covered container and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer, and stir the frozen crystals into the center of the container with a fork. Return the container to the freezer, and repeat the process every 30–45 minutes, stirring carefully each time, until you have a fully frozen container of crystallized granita.