This is a Hawaiian variation of the Mexican classic. Adding pineapple gives the salsa a natural sweetness.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups diced pineapple
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let the mixture stand at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Serve or store covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.