Pineapple Teriyaki Drumsticks
Serve this crowd-pleasing favorite as a hearty appetizer. Pair leftovers with steamed rice for a great lunch that tastes like a trip to the islands.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple rings in juice
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free hoisin sauce
- Arrange the drumsticks in a single layer on a broiling pan. Broil for 10 minutes on high, flipping the drumsticks once halfway through the cooking time.
- Drain the juice from the pineapple into a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the teriyaki sauce, ginger, and hoisin sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cut the pineapple rings in half. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the drumsticks to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.