Piquant Artichoke and Spinach Dip
This is the perfect dip for parties and entertaining. Serve with corn or rice crackers or sliced vegetables. Or you can just eat it with a spoon!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar (12 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Drain the thawed spinach, squeezing it with paper towels, until the extra liquid is gone.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the spinach; cook until just soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, scallions, lemon juice, and nutmeg. Transfer to a medium baking dish. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and browns slightly, about 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold.