Piri Piri Chicken Wings
These wings are amazingly delicious and they make the perfect appetizer. They’re citrusy and light with a depth of flavor that will make them a new family favorite.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ medium red or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 medium African birdseye pepper or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 lbs. chicken wings or drumettes
- Cilantro, for garnish
Please try again later.
- Process the bell pepper, lemon juice, zest, oil, scallions, birdseye or jalapeño peppers, garlic, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag, and pour the sauce over the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken on a large, rimmed sheet pan. Discard remaining marinade. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 165°F. Garnish with cilantro.