This casserole is easy to adjust according to your preferences. You can add ingredients like sliced green or black olives, roasted red peppers, and additional mushrooms. Likewise, you can add or substitute bacon or other meat toppings for what’s called for in the recipe.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb. ground sausage
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (10 3⁄4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jar (26 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1 box (16 oz.) rigatoni, cooked
- 1 package (4 oz.) sliced pepperoni
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add the ground beef, sausage, and onion to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and the onion is transparent. Drain and discard any fat rendered from the meat. Stir in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Mix in the soup and sauce and fold in the cooked rigatoni, pepperoni (reserving nine slices for the top), mushrooms, 3 cups cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup cheese and pepperoni slices. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.