Pizza and Dipping Sauce
This delicious sauce will enhance the flavor of any type of pizza you make. It also makes a wonderful dipping sauce for quesadillas, chicken tenders, or even French fries.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. turbinado sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Sauté garlic and onions until they soften, about 3–4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, basil, sugar, and salt. Add the cooked garlic and onions.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to one week. Makes sauce for about 4 (10") pizzas.