Pizza Pasta Casserole
This pasta casserole contains all the flavors of a pizza with everything on it. No delivery required!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ziti or other medium pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 jar (16 oz.) meat-flavored spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb. browned ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb. browned Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb. thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper and sauté for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Heat sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in ground beef and sausage. Remove from heat.
- Use cooking spray to lightly grease a 13-by-11-inch casserole dish. Place 1⁄2 of the cooked pasta in the dish, followed by 1⁄2 the vegetables, 1⁄2 of the pepperoni, and 1⁄2 of the sauce. Repeat with another layer.
- Spread mozzarella cheese over the top, cover with foil, and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15 minutes more until cheese is melted and browned.