Pizza Potato Skins
Instead of topping traditional crust, pile pizza ingredients onto potato skins for a fun and creative snack.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium russet potatoes, baked
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 turkey pepperoni slices
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Preheat broiler.
- Use knife to make two cuts lengthwise down each potato, creating three pieces. Discard middle piece (or save for other use; you’ll only need potato ends).
- Lightly scrape some pulp from potato skins, leaving about ¼" of potato intact. Discard pulp (or save for other use).
- In microwave melt butter. Brush inside and outside of skins with butter; season with salt and pepper and arrange on baking sheet.
- Broil skins for 8 minutes, flipping once after 4 minutes to crisp all sides.
- Remove skins from broiler and top each with mozzarella and 3 to 4 pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Broil for another 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce.