Crisp and light, these Italian favorites require a Pizzelle iron to make. You can use any flavoring you like, although anise is traditional.
Makes: 18 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 18 cookies
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. anise extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat Pizzelle iron.
- Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Blend in butter and anise. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons (more or less) on Pizzelle iron.
- Cook about 1½ minutes, until steam stops. Remove from iron; lay flat on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.