Plant-Based Magic Bars
To keep these bars vegan-friendly, make sure to use graham crackers that aren’t sweetened with honey.
Serves: 16Prep: 25 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 18 squares Original Graham Crackers (about 1½ cups crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or chips
- 3⁄4 cup pecans or walnuts pieces
- In a small saucepan bring coconut milk and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8”x8” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor break apart graham crackers. Pulse until they have a sandlike texture. Add melted coconut oil and pulse a few times to combine.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top crust with even layers of dates, chocolate chips, coconut and pecans. Drizzle the top with the coconut milk mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbling around the edges and lightly golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Transfer pan to refrigerator to chill before removing from the pan and cutting into bars.
- Store at room temperature or tightly wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.