Plant Burgers with Caramelized Apple and Onion Spread
Burgers – both traditional and plant-based – are delicious when paired with a variety of sweet and savory toppings. Thanks to this recipe, you can take a few easy-to-find ingredients and turn any night into gourmet (plant) burger night.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small Honeycrisp Apples, cored and finely chopped
- 1 sweet Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 package (8 oz.) Simple Truth™ Emerge Plant Based Patties
- 2 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup baby salad greens
- In small saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook apple, onion, rosemary and salt 12-15 minutes, until softened and onions are browning around edges. Add maple syrup and vinegar. Reduce heat to low. Let cook until mixture reaches jam-like consistency.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook plant-burger patties 4 minutes. Flip; continue cooking 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- To serve, place a small handful of greens on bottom of each bun. Top with cooked patties. Spread generously with apple onion mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Store extra apple and onion spread refrigerated for up to a week.