If you love chilaquiles and plantains, then you’ll wonder why you never thought to put them together like this before!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounces frozen, baked ripe plantains (do not defrost)
- 16 ounces mild tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- 1 cup queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange plantains on a baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes.
- In wide pan over medium-high heat, cook vegetable oil. When oil is hot, add salsa and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10-15 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- In bowl, beat eggs. Pour eggs into salsa. Cook about 5 seconds, stirring to blend ingredients. Remove from heat.
- In same pan, add baked plantains, tossing gently to absorb sauce. Sprinkle queso fresco over and let melt.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro. Serve hot.