Poached Chicken Breasts with Ratatouille
This hearty dish is great served with crusty bread and grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups chunky jarred spaghetti sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz. each
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- ½ small onion, peeled and diced
- 3 gloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- Combine the chicken stock and tomato sauce in a soup pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper and add to the pot. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken breasts and keep warm. Add bell pepper, zucchini, squash, eggplant, onion, and garlic. Sauté, 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir in basil.
- Spoon the ratatouille into 4 large bowls. Cut each chicken breast horizontally into strips and place over ratatouille.