Poached Peach and Raspberries
You can substitute other fruit, such as apples, pears, apricots, or plums, in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsweetened white grape juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 large peaches
- ½ cup raspberries
- Combine juices in a bowl, then slowly stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stand peaches in a deep skillet. Slowly add juice mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat (do not boil). Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Place peaches upright on individual serving plates and spoon juice over the top. Garnish with raspberries, or purée berries in a blender and pour over peaches.