Poached Peaches with Raspberry and Vanilla
This delightful dessert can be made with either Marsala wine or sherry.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup Marsala wine
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- 6 firm, ripe peaches, pitted and halved
- 1 vanilla bean, slit lengthwise
- 2 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 cup raspberries
- Pour the wine, water, and honey into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place the peach halves and vanilla bean into 4-quart slow cooker, and pour on hot syrup from saucepan.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 1½ hours or until hot and tender.
- Remove peaches and vanilla bean. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and return seeds back to cooking syrup in slow cooker.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with about ½ teaspoon water to create a paste, and stir into syrup.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes, stirring periodically. Pour thickened syrup over peaches, add the raspberries, and serve warm or chilled.