Poached Salmon Italian-Style
This recipe is so simple, and cleanup is easy since there’s just one cooking pan. You can substitute your favorite fish for the salmon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup green peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1⁄4-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz.), 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the stock, tomatoes, peppers, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Use a spatula to move the vegetables aside and carefully add the salmon fillets. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and gently simmer until the fish is opaque and firm throughout when tested with a fork.
- Use a slotted spatula to transfer the salmon to serving plates. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the fish and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve hot.