Poblano Lime Chicken Nachos
Tender, citrusy chicken breasts are layered between crispy chips, smoky poblano peppers, sweet onions and a bevy of healthy veggies. Spicy pepper Jack cheese covers each layer, making these guys irresistible!
- 2 medium chicken breasts (about ¾ lb.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 poblano peppers, roughly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 ear of corn, steamed or grilled, kernels removed
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a shallow dish, toss chicken with olive oil, lime juice and garlic cloves. Let marinate for 15 minutes. Once the chicken has marinated, transfer to a small baking sheet. Scatter poblano peppers and sliced onions around chicken, toss together and then lay chicken and veggies flat. Bake until chicken is cooked through and veggies are softened, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and shred with two forks.
- Place 1/3 of the chips on the bottom of the same pan you cooked the chicken and peppers on. Sprinkle with a 1/3 each of the chicken, veggies, black beans, chiles and corn. Cover in shredded cheese. Repeat process two more times.
- Pop nachos in the oven until cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Once the nachos come out, sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Tip: Try serving with chopped cilantro, tomatoes and sliced jalapeño for additional spice. Sour cream and salsa are optional, but totally recommended to dollop on top. Enjoy!