Polenta and Chili Casserole
Using canned chili and thawed frozen veggies, you can get this quick one-pot casserole meal in the oven in just about 10 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cans (15 oz.) vegetarian chili
- 2 cups canned diced vegetables, drained
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2½ cups water
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- Combine vegetarian chili and vegetables and spread in the bottom of a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Over low heat, combine cornmeal and water in a saucepan. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Stir in vegan margarine.
- Spread cornmeal mixture over chili and sprinkle the top with chili powder.
- Bake uncovered for 20–25 minutes.