Polenta Griddle Cakes
These griddle cakes have a creamy consistency with a touch of sweetness. Serve them with applesauce, jam, or fresh berries
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. Splenda
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter or canola oil
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add the salt. Slowly add the cornmeal. Reduce heat and let cook until thick, stirring constantly. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the Splenda. Whisk the eggs, milk, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl and mix them with the polenta, blending well.
- Heat the unsalted butter or oil on a griddle over medium flame. Drop spoonfuls of batter on the griddle. Cook until well browned. Flip each griddle cake with a spatula and brown the reverse side.
- Serve hot.