Polenta with Seafood and Herbs
The beauty of this recipe is it brings together several favorite types of seafood into one dish.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 1⁄2 cups seafood stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. fresh seafood (1⁄2 lb. each of scallops, peeled and deveined shrimp, squid rings, and shelled mussels)
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Bring the stock, wine, and 1 Tbsp. butter to a simmer over medium to medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Slowly whisk in the cornmeal, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Reduce heat. Simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered and stirring frequently, until thick and creamy. Keep warm.
- Heat the oil to medium-high temperature in a large sauté pan. Add the garlic and seafood, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice. Cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1⁄4 cup butter and 1⁄4 cup parsley, and stir to mix.
- Serve the seafood mixture over the polenta. Sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄4 cup parsley.