Polish Sausage with Sauerkraut
Serve these sausages with a spicy mustard for a hearty dinner feast.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 oz. quality Polish sausage
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup diced Granny Smith apples (about ¼" dice)
- 20 oz. jarred sauerkraut, rinsed well
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cut the sausages into thin slices. Heat the oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the sausage pieces. Cook the sausages until they just start to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the diced apple and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring to coat with pan drippings. Add the sauerkraut, garlic salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook until heated through, about 6 minutes. Serve hot.