Pollo Salsiccia con Origano (Chicken Sausage with Oregano)
For a slight variation, form this mixture into small oval patties and quickly fry, drain on a paper towels, and serve with some fresh fruit as an appetizer.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2½ lbs. chicken
- ¼ lb. pork fat
- ½ bulb garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and minced
- ½ bunch fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Sausage casings
- Grind the meat and fat separately. Keep chilled.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a chilled bowl with chilled utensils. If using an electric mixer, be sure not to over blend the meat and fat.
- Stuff the mixture into casings or form into patties.