Pollo Salsiccia con Origano (Chicken Sausage with Oregano)
For a slight variation, form this mixture into small oval patties and quickly fry, drain on a paper towels, and serve with some fresh fruit as an appetizer.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. chicken
- 1⁄4 lb. pork fat
- 1⁄2 bulb garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 10 sausage casings
- Grind the meat and fat separately. Keep chilled.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a chilled bowl with chilled utensils. If using an electric mixer, be sure not to over blend the meat and fat.
- Stuff the mixture into casings or form into patties.