“Polpette” Chicken and Ricotta Meatballs
A wonderful treat from Tuscany, these light chicken meatballs can be served on their own or with pasta. They also make a nice sandwich.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ lb. ground chicken
- 4 oz. whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups cooked fettuccini pasta
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 small red chili, sliced
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for 10 minutes. Mix together all of the ingredients except the olive oil and marinara sauce. Mix well, using your hands. Divide the mixture into eighths, and roll into meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high. Brown the meatballs well, and blot dry with paper towels.
- Heat the marinara sauce. Simmer for 25 minutes. Serve hot over the marinara with pasta, basil and sliced chilies.