Pomegranate Cream Cheese Pie
Pomegranate syrup, made by reducing pomegranate juice, gives the pie a burst of tangy flavor and a lovely color.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 5 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat over to 350˚F. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and butter. Mix well and press into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the center is firm when pressed lightly. Cool completely before filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the pomegranate juice and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to ¼ cup, about 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the pomegranate syrup, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and transfer to a large bowl. Wash the stand mixer bowl.
- In the stand mixer bowl, whip the cream with the vanilla until it forms medium peaks. Fold half the cream into the pomegranate mixture until no streaks of cream remain. Pour the mixture into the chilled crust and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Chill the remaining whipped cream until just before serving.
- Just before serving, scoop the remaining whipped cream into a pastry bag with star tip and pipe stars around the edge of pie and a large swirl in the middle.