This spiced granita is a perfect palate cleanser and is full of healthy antioxidants!
Serves: 12Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier®
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils, for serving
- Simmer the pomegranate juice until reduced by half. Steep the orange zest and spices in hot pomegranate juice and allow to cool completely. Strain out spices and add the orange juice, honey and orange-flavored liqueur, stirring to mix.
- Pour the mixture into a covered container and place in the freezer. Stir every couple of hours with a fork to freeze evenly.
- When mixture is evenly slushy and frozen allow to freeze overnight. Scoop and serve with pomegranate arils.