Pomegranate Lamb Kebabs
The exotic flavor of pomegranate juice is in the marinade for this preparation of grilled lamb. To serve, garnish with jewel-like pomegranate seeds and pita triangles.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 12 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. lamb shoulder or leg, cubed
- Combine red wine, pomegranate juice, onion, lemon zest and juice, garlic, pepper, oregano, and salt in a bowl. Add lamb to the marinade, toss to coat, cover, and refrigerate 12 hours.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Thread marinated lamb cubes onto metal skewers.
- Grill on all sides until cooked through. Take the grilled lamb cubes off the skewers and serve warm.