Pomp and Circumstance Pepper Pops
Jalapeño popper dip makes a great filling in a savory pie crust. Plus, everything tastes better on a stick!
Serves: 36Prep: 1 hourCook: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeños, drained and finely chopped
- 1 each jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages (14.1oz.) refrigerated pie crust
- 36 6” cookie sticks
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, jalapeños, garlic and pepper; mix well to combine.
- On a light floured surface lay out pie crust, roll to form 12” diameter circle. With a 2 ½” round cutter, cut 18 circles of dough. Repeat with remain pie crusts. Brush 36 circles with egg wash; lay a cookie stick in the center and press lightly. Top with 1 teaspoon of jalapeño mixture leaving ½” border; top with remaining circles of dough. Fork around edges to secure. Transfer to prepared pan, brush tops with egg wash and cut a small slit in the center.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.