An authentic and traditional Latin drink made with fresh and dried fruits, this rum-enhanced punch will take your party to the next level!
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 14 cups water
- 2 cups rum
- 6 guavas, washed and halved
- 1 cup hibiscus flowers (flor de Jamaica)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges, washed and cut into segments
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 pears, washed, cored and cut into large pieces
- 2 apples, washed, cored and quartered
- 1 cup tejocotes (hawthorn apples) in syrup, if desired
- 2 cups Kroger® Pitted Prunes
- Press sharp side of cloves into orange segments.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Cook 1 hour, or until the sugar has completely dissolved and fruit is tender. Serve warm in mugs, with fruit.