Popcorn Shrimp with Chili-Lime Dipping Sauce
Spice up your game day finger food offerings with this kicked-up shrimp appetizer.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Strained Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, zest reserved
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs, whites only
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Peeled & Deveined Jumbo Raw Shrimp
- Cooking spray
- In small bowl, mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice and lime zest; set aside.
- In shallow bowl, combine flour, chili powder, garlic powder and a dash of salt; stir well with a fork and set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, beat egg whites lightly; set aside.
- In third shallow bowl, stir cornmeal, salt and pepper with a fork; set aside.
- Toss shrimp, a few at a time, in flour mixture until well coated. Shake off excess, then dip in egg whites. Transfer to cornmeal mixture and toss to cover all sides.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and repeat with next batch.
- Preheat broiler; spray shrimp with cooking spray. Broil shrimp for 5 minutes until crisp and browned. Serve with dipping sauce.