Pork and Pineapple Skewers
Pork tenderloin is perfect for grilling because it stays tender and juicy. The sweet and slightly spicy rub blends nicely with pineapple.
Serves: 4Prep: 1 hourCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut in 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes (12 cubes)
- 4 (12”) metal or wooden skewers (Soak skewers if using wooden ones)
- In medium bowl, toss pork with oil to coat. In small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except pineapple; sprinkle over pork and toss to coat completely. Cover bowl and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Thread pork and pineapple on skewers. Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place skewers on grill.
- Cook 10-15 minutes or until thermometer in thickest part of cubes reads 140°F, turning once and rotating skewers for more even cooking.
- Refrigerate leftovers.