Pork and Apple Meatballs
These juicy meatballs make a tasty appetizer, or can be served over rice, pasta, or zoodles for a complete meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground fennel
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. thyme
- 1⁄4 tsp. sage
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix gently until ingredients are well combined. Cover bowl and chill for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, form the mixture into 16 equal-sized balls. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 155°F. Serve hot.