Pork Burgers with Ghee-Caramelized Pears
Sweet and buttery pears top succulent pork burgers in this simple and elegant meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. diced onion
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 large Red Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, mix the pork, 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Form the meat mixture into 4 patties. Grill for 7 minutes, flip, and grill for an additional 5 minutes, or until pork registers 160°F with a meat thermometer.
- Heat ghee in a small frying pan over medium heat. Place pears in the pan, and season with remaining salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Serve pears on burgers.