Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze
Shallots, balsamic vinegar, and agave nectar add a balanced touch of sweetness to this savory dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 center-cut pork chops (5 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- Season pork chops with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork in pan. Turn pork over once to cook about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to a plate, cover, and set aside.
- Add vinegar, agave nectar, and remaining salt to the pan. Cook until liquid begins to thicken, about 1–2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium-low; return pork back to the pan and coat well with sauce. Cook for 3–4 minutes; a thermometer inserted into pork should read 150ºF.
- Remove pork from the pan, turn heat up, and allow remaining sauce to thicken. Pour sauce over pork chops before serving.