Pork Chops with Pears and Apples
This dish is lovely and seasonal—and simple to make. The pears and apples create a lovely pan sauce, bringing a sweet tartness to the savory pork.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large Gala apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium Red Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and cook for 7 to 8 minutes a side, or until it registers 145°F with a meat thermometer.
- Add diced onion to the pan and sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth, making sure to get up all the browned bits. Bring to a simmer. Add in the apple and pear. Cook for 5–7 minutes, or until softened. Garnish with mint and serve.