Pork Chops with Pears and Apples
This dish is lovely and seasonal—and simple to make. The pears and apples create a lovely pan sauce, bringing a sweet tartness to the savory pork.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large Gala apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium Red Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and cook for 7–8 minutes a side, or until it registers 145°F with a meat thermometer.
- Add diced onion to the pan and sauté until softened, about 3–4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth, making sure to get up all the browned bits. Bring to a simmer. Add in the apple and pear. Cook for 5–7 minutes, or until softened. Garnish with mint and serve.