Pork and Ginger Pot Stickers
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup finely diced white onion
- 1 lb. ground pork or ground beef
- ½ cup finely diced garlic chives or regular chives
- 1 tsp. finely diced ginger
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 24 pot sticker wrappers
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten with a few drops of water
- Preheat a sauté pan on high, then add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sauté the onion for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, garlic chives, ginger, and oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Lay out 1 wrapper and brush the egg around the edges. Place 1 teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold into a half-moon shape. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a 4-quart pot bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Blanch the pot stickers for about 1 minute, until they rise to the surface of the water. Remove with a slotted spoon and let stand until dry.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat and add the remaining oil. Pan–sear the pot stickers until golden brown. Serve.