Pork Larb-Gai Lettuce Wraps
Larb-gai packs a lot of flavor, from the tang of the lime juice to the bright, herbaceous notes of the mint.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 small red chilies, seeded and minced
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Heat the wok over medium heat and add the oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant—about 30 seconds.
- Add chilies and cook for 1 additional minute, then add the pork.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the pork around the wok while breaking it apart to a crumbled consistency. Cook the pork until it is no longer pink, approximately 3–4 minutes.
- Remove the wok from the heat. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, onions, mint, and scallions.
- To assemble the wraps, divide the mixture into eighths. Take 1 lettuce leaf and place 1 portion of the larb-gai in the center.