Pork Loin and Roasted Root Vegetables
This recipe is great for the cooler or winter months. Roasted with nutrition-packed root vegetables, this perfect combination of protein and carbohydrates makes for a hearty and healthy dish!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 Idaho potatoes
- 4 carrots, peeled and tops removed
- 2 yellow onions, skin removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika, divided
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and prepare a 9" x 13" baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Cut potatoes, carrots, and onions in similar bite-sized pieces.
- In a large reseal able plastic bag, combine the potatoes, carrots, onions, and olive oil with 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1 teaspoon of the pepper, 1 teaspoon of the paprika, and the turmeric, and toss to coat evenly.
- Pour the vegetables in an even layer in the prepared dish.
- Cook at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the oven, stir, and clear a space large enough to fit the pork tenderloin in the middle of the vegetables. Top the pork loin with the remaining spices.
- Return the pan to the oven, and continue cooking at 400°F for 30–40 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in the center of the pork reads 165°F.