Pork Meatballs Baked in Tomato Sauce
Serve with crusty bread, rice, or pasta. Or spread warm tomato sauce over crusty bread and top with sliced meatballs for a delicious hot sandwich.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pour marinara sauce into an ovenproof skillet or baking dish.
- In food processor, combine bacon pieces and half of the onion; process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, pepper, and cheese; mix well with your hands. Work in in ground pork until combined. Form into 8 large meatballs.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmering. Working in batches, cook meatballs, turning to brown all sides. Transfer to prepared skillet with marinara sauce. Toss to cover all meatballs with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with dill before serving.