The secret to this pork’s irresistible flavor is in the amazing blend of spices. Paired with pickled onions, this recipe is ideal for taco night, burrito bowls or enjoying on its own.
Serves: 4Prep: 2 hours 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground annatto
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime, for garnish
- Bring vinegar, water, sugar and salt to boil. Add red onion; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until onions are tender.
- In large bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin, paprika, chile powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground coriander, 1 tablespoon salt and ground annatto. Place pork in mixture; let marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- Over medium-high heat, grill pork 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Serve with pickled red onions, cilantro and lime.